Sunday, February 27, 2011

March is here..updates!


Ivy is "icing" her cupcake-it was our family night "activity" (don't try it)

Emery iced her cupcakes and overturned a couple on the floor...fun for her (not so much for this mama who had to clean!)

Cutie Cowgirls-there is always an adventure on Rosecliff Terrace

Well, since I haven't been very good at posting here is a big FAT one! My laptop computer is about to retire (as soon as I get everything I need off of it) and I am having to use a desk top-OH NO! It is just not as convenient I must say and so hopefully (amongst all the other changes) we will be getting a new, portable computer!

Anyway, I will post some really cute pics of my cuties and then stay tuned....another cutie is on his way! (note the BLUE blog)

Emery-she is 4 1/2 and almost 5. She is into cowboy boots and dress up-not princess though! She loves safari dress up, police officer dress up and we have been most places in her cape! Oh yes. She has quite the imagination and is a true delight. We are watching her grow right in front of us! She loves her Pre-K class at Sonshine Academy and will be attending Kindergarten there next year. I had to bite my lip at the Kinder informational meeting because I was holding back the tears! She is ready as she is starting to read and has 2 LOOSE TEETH! (We try not to wiggle them because Andy and I are still in denial!) Emery also is showing maturity by trying to be polite to strangers and come out of her box when people speak with her. She reminds us when, "she was not shy!" She also enjoys riding her new bike to the park and the duck pond. She is our girl of adventure!
Emery and Ivy are great friends and play so well together. They recently got bunk beds for their room so that has been a great thing as well. She is a great big sister and an immense help! She is anticipating the arrival of Owen!

Ivy-2 1/2 and a joy! She is hillarious and so much fun. Her name means love and we just are always hearing her tell us that she loves us. She says it all the time and it is one of the sweetest things! She is an amazing swimmer and enjoys swim lessons with her friend, Kara. I can't wait to see her swim in our pool this summer! She is often found in her Rapunzel dress and loves to ask Andy if she is pretty! She is a true princess in every way. When I do her hair there is always a request for a bow and usually her outfit shines with her Cinderella shoes! Anything sparkly is IVY!
I am not sure if she knows what is about to hit with the coming of a new baby, but her tenderness will be appreciated and I know she will rise to the occasion and be a big help!

Owen is due in 26 days and I am finally feeling ready! We got a crib last Sunday (Andy broke ours in our move and we finally decided to declare it a loss) and so that has kicked in my nesting instincts! Owen's room is mostly ready. I didn't realize it would take me months and numerous trips to Good Will and friends houses to get rid of all the pink I own! Wow! I will post a pick of the nursery once it is finished.

I have read several books since the beginning of the year and the one I am enjoying now is One Thousand Gifts. Read it. It will change your life. It is a book on gratitude and how it changes your life. So, my focus is on thanksgiving as I enter this new season. Wanting to see miracles? Thanksgiving. Wanting to not fear? Thanksgiving. Wanting to know Jesus? Thanksgiving. Joy? Thanks. It is so true and so I continue to read and continue to give thanks to my Savior. I am so blessed.

Enjoy the pics...they are just a glimpse of what we truly experience-the joy in our house!