Monday, August 2, 2010

God is Faithful

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
Psalm 115:1

I stumbled on this verse early in the summer as I found it in my bible because the name "Emery" was written by it. The word "glory" was given to me for her, and then I kept reading about love which was the word for Ivy and then I came to faithful and I knew that was for the other longing I had in my heart. "NO! I don't want to go there Lord! I have already believed and believed and it is exhausting in every way." I continued to complain, "What if I get let down?"
June 18 came and we were at a graduation party for a friend and Andy and I enjoyed speaking to a guy named Ron. He was scratchin' us where we were itchin' as we talked about the kingdom of God and loving people. He continued to bless us and pray for us like he had known us forever. asked us about more children. I quickly told him our story and he encouraged us by praying for us that we would have another! We got in the car and I looked at Andy and said, "I don't know if I wanna receive that word!" We both chuckled and went on our way.
Andy took a trip to Israel through work and I had lots of plans while he was gone. About the 3rd day he was gone, I was really struggling and even asked Andy to pray for me as I wasn't sure what was wrong! I ended up taking a pregnancy test to confirm how crazy I was and it was positive! Nine years of marraige and never a positive pregnancy test. I called Andy immediately as it was 6am Israeli time and told him. I have been in shock ever since. God is faithful. Baby Hull is due late March.
Saturday night we sang the song by Christi Nockels, Healing is in your Hand, and I just balled. God has been doing a healing work in my life this entire year. I have found myself on my knees in repentance more than ever. It is only His grace. I have seen relationships restored and I pray that Jesus is in my life more than ever. I believe that God is our healer and He wants us to live completely healed lives. This baby is just a piece of how much the Healer loves me and my family. God is faithful. This baby is living proof. So the Hull's say, "Not to us, O Lord, but to your NAME be all the glory because of your love and faithfulness! Amen, and amen